Telecare is the use of discreet equipment that can help tell someone if there is an emergency or if you are having difficulties in your home. It can be used in a variety of ways, for example:
- to call for help if you fall
- to remind you to take your pills at the correct time
- to sense risks such as smoke, floods and gas leaks
- to notify someone if you leave your home and would have difficulty finding your way back
- or to help you stay safe when out and about
As well as peace of mind for you, your family, and your carers, telecare may give you more freedom to live independently in your own home.